Thursday, January 9, 2014

Don’t Let Your Brain Turn Into Mush This Winter

It may sound a little strange to say, but I already miss going to class on Monday nights. It’s been three weeks since we’ve finished, and I miss my classmates and all the cool stuff we’ve gotten to do together. I am still in contact with a few of them, and that has been nice. Some of us are continuing our education through the break by working on building our portfolios and doing extra research online. One of my classmates has an interview for an internship, so I’m crossing my fingers for him.

At work we’ve purchased a new camera that takes excellent photos and HD video. So far I’ve only taken photos, but soon I’ll be filming. I have learned enough in class this past fall to do a few short videos. I’ve jotted down some promising ideas.

During the winter I have an extra day off of work each week, so I’m choosing to spend time teaching myself more about filming and editing. I also don’t want to lose any knowledge I’ve gained in class. I’m also hoping that there will be some awesome events on campus on my day off so I can attend them. I haven’t been able to participate as much as I did in the past recently.

I was watching a YouTube blogger today, and he was talking about New Year’s resolutions. Instead of resolutions, which tend to be pretty generic, he suggested making a list of New Year’s accomplishments. This would be a short list of things you want to accomplish by the end of 2014. I love that idea, especially since it’s attached to a timeframe. And, if you accomplish them by New Year’s Eve, you really have something to celebrate! I want to write down three things to accomplish this year. I want them to be attainable and something I’m proud of completing, so I’m going to give myself some time to think about it.

If you’re on winter break too, enjoy the rest of your time off, and don’t let your brain turn into mush! Keep learning and you’ll fall right back into place come spring semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment