Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thinking About Fall Already

Month in Review: A Reflection of July

It sure doesn’t take long for the stores to switch from advertising shorts and swimsuits to advertising sales on school supplies and first-day-of-school outfits. Speaking of school supplies, I usually use my old notebooks until they are completely full before I buy new ones. Well, it looks like I’ll need to buy at least one new notebook and folder. My favorite folder has a pretty sizeable tear, and it’s seen better days. In a few weeks I’ll be buying my new laptop, then I’ll be all set to start the Audio/Video Certificate this fall.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the events section on the myMPTC portal. I’m very excited to see that Mission IMPROVable will be performing at the Welcome Back lunch. They are an improvisation group I’ve seen in the past, and they are so much fun. I highly encourage you to see them if you can! It is sure to be a memorable experience you’ll share with your friends for years to come. My friends and I still talk about their show and quote it.

At work I’ve been given more responsibility. I’ve been there for two months, and I’m starting to feel pretty comfortable with what I’m doing. The job duties test my multitasking ability, because I have lots of projects to work on simultaneously. I think college helps build those skills. When you’re taking four or five classes in a semester, you have no choice but to work on several projects all at the same time.

If you’re enrolled in classes this fall, enjoy the last few weeks of August before the semester starts. It’s right around the corner. I don’t have too much planned for the rest of the month. I think I’m just going to take it easy and enjoy the weather. What are your plans for August?

No comments:

Post a Comment