Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Last Week Before Spring Break

Week in Review: A Reflection of March 11 – 17

Despite the snow and cold temperatures, last week really was the final week before spring break. I’m jealous that a handful of MPTC students probably spent their week packing for spring break in London, but I’m also happy for them since it’s an awesome opportunity to travel and learn.

I had to stay focused on my classes, because we are in the middle of lots of important material. In our current learning plan for Computer Essentials, we’re learning the real nuts and bolts of computer technology. I know a lot about computers, but I didn’t really know how they worked. I have a better sense of what a processor does, how RAM works, and what it takes for the parts of the computer to communicate with each other. I’m in awe of what humans were able to create. I’m hoping that since I know more about how a computer works that I’ll be able to better troubleshoot and fix my own problems.

Speaking of problems, in my Team Building and Problem Solving class, I was chosen to be team leader. I’m responsible for setting the agenda and distributing it before meetings and facilitating meetings. I’m pretty excited about our real world problem in which we will try to solve the issue of emergency drill participation.

During spring break, I’ll be meeting up with the Web Developer Club for a trip to a local business for a tour. After the tour, we’re going out to dinner and having an informal meeting.

Even though I won’t be leaving town for spring break, I am looking forward to going to Minnesota in April for the NACA conference. In some way, it feels like it’ll be my spring break. Maybe it’ll feel like spring by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment