Saturday, December 20, 2014

Wrapping it Up: Fall Semester and Christmas Gifts

Amazingly, we are wrapping up the fall semester while it actually still feels like fall. Usually at this time of the year it feels pretty wintery, but with the lack of snow on the ground it’s hard to believe that it’s Christmas time. And that means I’ve got to wrap up a few other things – Christmas gifts!

As I have said in my previous blog post, I will be completing my Audio-Video certificate this semester. I’m amazed at how much I have learned and how many portfolio pieces I’ve created in just three semesters. I have commercials, animated logos, instructional videos, green screen and product videos, and an animated infographic (just to name a few) to include in my portfolio.

So, what’s next for me now that I’ve earned my certificate? I will be taking a short break from blogging, but I will be back to share the next stage in the life of an MPTC graduate. I will be exploring alumni opportunities and sharing my job search progress. I will be continuing my internship and using my research and learning skills I’ve developed at MPTC to learn some new things on my own. I’ve been encouraged by my instructors to participate in Portfolio Night, which is held once per academic year, at the end of the spring semester.

Congratulations to all the college students who are wrapping up the semester. Take a much-needed break, enjoy some time with your family and friends and have a very happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment