Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break 2011


Dear Mother Nature: It’s called “spring break” not “snow break.”


Sincerely,

Wisconsinites


This past week was spring break, but it’s been feeling more like “snow break.” The ground is covered in white snow yet again. That doesn’t seem very spring-like. It also felt like “no break” for some of us. I had to work all week at my job and work on a group project. I didn’t get to go anywhere on vacation for spring break. Still, I didn’t have class, so I did have more free time than usual.


All of my classes are at night, so I usually miss my favorite primetime shows. Since I didn’t have class this past week, I got to watch some of those during their regular air times. If there are primetime shows you normally watch during the week but have class, you can watch them online. Most networks offer full episodes on their website. Look for them one day after they air. Some are even in HD! That’s how I catch up on my shows during the day or on the weekend.


On Monday, I had to stop in at the West Bend campus to do some errands. I expected the place to be deserted, but it wasn’t. There were meetings going on in some of the meeting rooms, and the library was still open.


On Friday, I tried to take my dog for a walk, but it was too cold outside still and it started snowing on us. He’s a Chihuahua/Cocker Spaniel mix and is not very fond of the cold.


This week I have a new class starting. It’s called computer literacy and it’s a class that students need to take or test out of. You learn things like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. These are pretty standard programs that most people have to use in a multitude of jobs. I’ve used Excel before, but I’ve never learned how to use all its features. Also, I’ll be learning the newer versions of these programs than what I use on my home computer.


Good luck to everyone on the second half of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment